This policy gives you information on how Footlights Theatre School & Academy Ltd or/and Footlights Theatre School Ltd collects, uses and protects data collected by/ submitted to us.
If you require Footlights Theatre School & Academy Ltd or/and Footlights Theatre School Ltd to contact you, you will be asked to provide your full name, postcode, child age, telephone number, email and (where applicable) mailing address as well as any information you think we need to know about your child. When you complete the contact form or booking form online or you complete registration at one of our front desks you are giving permission Footlights Theatre School & Academy Ltd or/and Footlights Theatre School Ltd to contact you by mail (where applicable), email and / or telephone about our services. You have the option to stop this contact at any point by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Data Protection and Access rights
You have the right to access the personal data that is held about you by Footlights Theatre School & Academy Ltd or/and Footlights Theatre School Ltd and request that the information be added to, modified or deleted. You have the right to ask Footlights Theatre School & Academy Ltd or/and Footlights Theatre School Ltd to stop communicating with you or alter the frequency and manner in which communications are made. You can contact Footlights Theatre School & Academy Ltd or/and Footlights Theatre School Ltd by emailing us email@example.com or by calling 0161 637 5858.
Footlights Theatre School & Academy Ltd or/and Footlights Theatre School Ltd is following the new Regulations for Data Protection, its use, storage and protection; and passing those Regulations on to each individual Franchisee. Footlights Theatre Schools & Academy Ltd or Footlights Theatre Schools Ltd as a company accepts no responsibility for any failure by an individual Franchisee to comply with the correct Policy and instructions given. Each individual Franchisee bears all responsibility for the Collection, use and protection of the data they hold and process.
Cookies and Other websites
A cookie is a small text file containing a unique identifier which our websites place on the hard drive of your computer. Information supplied by the cookie enables us to recognise your user credentials and separate your activity from that of other users. Your browser (ie. Internet Explorer / Chrome / Firefox etc.) will allow you to alter your settings to either accept all cookies, to notify you when a cookie is issued, or not to receive cookies at any time. Our websites need this cookie information, so if you decline our cookie you may not be able to use our website or it may not function as we intended. Refer to your browser ‘Help’ menu if you wish to alter your local browser cookie settings.
We only collect Data that is voluntarily given to us at Footlights Theatre School & Academy Ltd or Footlights Theatre Schools Ltd. Data is collected though our website for potential students (and their parents or carers), potential franchisees and potential teachers looking for work. We also collect date for venue hire enquiries. Further data is collected when a child/young person joins as a member, a teacher starts supplying teaching Services and a Franchise Enquiry becomes a Franchisee or any other member of staff is engaged.
Data is collected for a various number of purposes:
- To keep your child/young person safe. We need all the information you can give us whilst they are in our care.
- We also like to respond to enquiries requesting our services.
- To ensure that necessary information can be easily, quickly and efficiently given to you and more importantly distributed to the emergency services, our teachers or the person responsible for you child /young person whilst they are with us.
- To ensure quick and efficient customer service and ensure you receive up to date information.
- To ensure the Health and Safety of your child/young person and our teachers or administrative staff.
- To comply with any law that is necessary.
- To send out photographs or videos of your child/young person, this will be in photo shoot or show format which you have already agreed to once they become a member and have signed the waived on the registration form. If you haven’t signed the waiver, please be assured your information will not be used in this way.
In order to maintain the Security of your Data we use appropriate Physical and Electronic safeguards to protect your personal data from loss and unauthorised access, however we cannot guarantee that unauthorised third parties may never overcome those measures, with the Internet being as it is and a public world wide service, we can assure you we use password protected cloud based programmes to store data and that all paper copies of personal information such as special needs or allergies, illnesses that contain yours or your child’s address is kept in the strictest confidence for emergency purposes only. These are kept in a secured unnamed file and with the franchisees or front of house manager at all times at each of our locations.
Your Data is only held for the following reasons:
- Student data is only held whilst children and young people are current members of classes and paper copies/physical copies are destroyed once a student leaves and there are no outstanding fees to be paid, unless required for legal reasons.
- Teachers data is only held whilst they are providing teaching services for Footlights Theatre Schools & Academy Ltd or Footlights Theatre Schools Ltd, upon leaving, information is destroyed, unless required for legal reasons.
- Franchisees data is only held whilst they are current Franchisees and once no longer a franchisee, will be destroyed, unless required for Legal reasons – franchise agreements are kept for length of term.
- Email addresses for marketing purposes, if you wish not to be sent information on this let us know firstname.lastname@example.org
Footlights reserves the right to monitor communications in the following ways:
- Opening mail or email
- Checking phone logs or recording phone calls
- Checking logs of websites visited
- Getting information from credit reference agencies
This includes personal communications on Footlights equipment (eg computers, telephones).
Monitoring may be carried out for one of the following reasons:
- To establish facts which are relevant to the business, to check that procedures are being followed, or to check standards
- To prevent or detect crime
- To check for unauthorised use of telecommunications systems
- To check whether a communication received is relevant to the business
- In the interests of national security
You have the right to
- see any of the information held by us for you (and your child/ren), please contact your school Franchisee, Director, Front of House Manager at any location.
- change or delete it. Please note that certain information if deleted may compromise the health and safety of your child with Footlights Theatre Schools & Academy Ltd or Footlights Theatre Schools Ltd
Any changes will be implemented within 28 days.
Changes to our Policy
Sharing personal information.
We do not use your data for anything else and it will NEVER be passed onto Third Parties, with the following exceptions
The safeguarding of a child or young person is at risk,
- To the Local Authority when required for Children’s performances.
- If a Franchise Territory is sold onto another person, then your data will be transferred to the new franchisee, in order to maintain consistency and customer service, you will be made aware of this with plenty of notice.
- To medical bodies in case of an emergency.
Permission for video and Photos to be used
Photographs and film footage may be taken of your child in both class room and performance settings, to be used in online and offline marketing and publicity. You must have already actively ‘opted in’ in to this when you sign your registration form and we have a list of who has ‘opted out’ held at the front desk, if this changes then please do email us at email@example.com
Lawful Basis for Processing
All information held will be held for one of these bases: Legitimate, Consensual and Contractual necessity.